“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
A random act of kindness is a beautiful thing. One small act, whether it’s holding the door open for the person behind you, giving up your seat on a crowded subway for the frail old woman that just boarded, or simply smiling at a stranger as you pass on the street, can be the catalyst that completely transforms a persons day. This week is Random Acts of Kindness Week. I challenge you to commit one random act of kindness each day this week. Need some ideas? See my list of Top 10 Random Acts of Kindness:
- Give the dollar bills in your wallet to the homeless man or woman who needs it more than you do.
- Smile at a stranger as you pass them on the street.
- Hold the door open for the person walking in behind you. Better yet, stand outside and let them walk through first!
- Tell someone important to you how much you appreciate them.
- Buy coffee for the person standing behind you in line at the coffee shop.
- Give up your seat on the subway.
- Whip up a delicious treat and bring it to the office for everyone to enjoy!
- Is someone in your life super-stressed? Do something that you know will ease the pressure a bit.
- Make a donation to your favorite charity. Remember, donating your time is just as valuable as donating your money.
- Have a roommate? Surprise them by doing their dishes or by cleaning their bathroom!
Tell me about the random act(s) of kindness you’ve committed this week in the comment section below!